CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Double Rainbow!

One of my co-workers had a birthday yesterday and I was the treater. I was thinking of just buying a cake but opted to bake one instead! Then I remembered that I've seen some pretty cool looking pictures of rainbow cakes and I wanted to try to make one of those! I smell something interesting! And cakey!

So I went to the store and got the goods! Funfetti is only the best cake known to man so I decided a rainbow funfetti would be freaking amazing!!!!

As per the directions I mixed up the dough in a large bowl... oh wait I don't have a large bowl, a pitcher had to do!

It was actually good that I used the pitcher, made it easy to pour into separate bowls for colorin!

And this is where it gets colorful!
Yay! That was fun I then randomly spooned the colors into some cake pans.

The green reminds me of the slime on Nickelodeon game shows! Then it was time for bakin and frosting! I was tempted to color the frosting but I thought it would be way more fun to use white frosting and make the cake cutting a surprise!

The unsuspecting cake! It was a little lopsided but who cares! You're just going to eat it! Then the moment of truth...

Tada! Successful Double layer Rainbow cake! My children are soooo getting rainbow cakes for every birthday!! This is the most fun cake I've ever eaten!
Omigosh it's so cute... and interesting I might add!

0 comments: